SIPs 201 Owner-Builder Seminar
Owner-Builder Seminar (SIPs 201)
Location: The Clarion Hotel and Conference Center, Shepherdstown, West Virginia
Contact us to schedule your training.
The curriculum focuses on the integration of SIPs into a custom home construction project, and is tailored to educate those inexperienced with structural insulated panels.
Who should attend:
Any builder, contractor, architect, building inspector or homeowner interested in an in-depth look at designing and building with SIPs.
Topics of discussion include:
- The proper foundation
- Site prep
- How best to make SIPs accommodate your design
- What level of service to shop for in a SIP supplier
- EPS vs. Urethane (The Facts)
- Do you need an Architect or a Designer?
- Pre-fabricated vs. blank panels
- Site access and material handling
- Economizing equipment requirements
- Working with your HVAC contractor
- To vent or not to vent
- Siding and roofing solutions
- The myth about R-Value
- Energy Star compliance
- HERS rating
- Tax credits and other free money
- Qualifying your panel installer
- SIP house maintenance
- The ten biggest mistakes owners/builders make
Included in course:
- Lunch (Meals only served at the home facility - West Virginia)
- Course workbook
- 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM (or later, depending on questions from students)