On-Site Deep Energy Retrofit in Morgantown, WV (SIPs 180)
|Location: Morgantown (, WV)|
The case study project is an active project known as “Our Peanut Project”. Additional information can be viewed at http://ourpeanutproject.blogspot.com/
See this project in the news at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHoQk_YI8eo&feature=player_embedded
The retrofit is being used to showcase SIPs and retrofit panels as well as train contractors in the proper techniques of a deep energy retrofit. And as a small West Virginia business we're really excited to be showcasing this project in Morgantown, WV!
This hands-on session will be similar to “On-the-Job” training. Students will learn the techniques used to fabricate, install, and seal a retrofit project using nail-base panels. Please advise us via email firstname.lastname@example.org whether you'll be hands-on, or observing only.
Who should attend? General Contractors, Remodelers, Weatherization Contractors, and Builders considering energy upgrades to existing structures.
Cost: The class is $45.00 with pre-registration or $60.00 payable on-site. Due to anticipated demand for these sessions, there will be no refunds.
Location and time:
Training will begin at 10:00 am, and should finish up by 3:00 pm. Lunch is not included. Physical address will be supplied upon your registration - in downtown Morgantown.
What to bring:
Students will be working in an active construction site. Please be prepared by wearing proper attire including work boots and safety glasses.You will be required to sign a liability waiver.What attendees can expect to learn:
· How to prepare a structure for retrofit
· Locating and ordering a retrofit package
· Proper fastening of wall and roof panels
· Tools used in the process
· Various techniques used to seal the envelope
· Cladding systems; choosing and installing
· Vapor barriers and rain screens
· Layout and fabrication options
· Dealing with a thicker wall and roof assembly
· How an air tight envelope affects the existing mechanical systems
· Estimating and pricing a Deep Energy Retrofit.
|<< go back|
"The opportunity to put into practice what you just learned really helped reinforce the process of building with SIPS."
SIPschool in the news. Read more about the SIPschool, and what's the latest going on in the industry.